1.05.2012

fashion blab: strides to stripe

There is an ol' tale about a lonely zebra who attempted to hide it's stripes in order to fit it, or something like that, and in some ways I can empathize with that zebra. For those who know me personally, I am sure you aware of my affinity for stripes. Somewhat similar to the Zebra, I have actually had to make a conscious effort to limit the amount in my home and closet because, well, it would likely be frightening had I not. I am not sure if it is their effortless uniformity, or their juxtaposition between light and dark, or the fact that they seem to "match" with just about everything... who knows! Simply said, I just love them and I will hide my stripes no more!

To hell with my previous efforts to reduce the stripes in my life! I am in the market for some lovely, striped accessories and here are a few of my most favorite stripes I have seen around town recently...
Clutch
Muze Oversized Stripped Clutch (found here)
Kate Spade Academy Stripe Larissa (found here)
Guiseppe Zanotti (found here)
Brian Atwood (found here)
Jimmp Choo scarf (found here)


No comments:

Post a Comment