1.10.2012

fashion blab: black, black, and more black

A coworker recently asked my why I always looks as though I am in mourning. Insulted? I was not. Probably because I am fully aware of my near obsession with the wonderful color of black. Just one obsession, among many obsessions, but an obsession nonetheless. In fact, I think my style-mind is on auto-pilot because without any active quest I have inadvertently drenched my closet with shades of black. So much so, that I have recently struggled with finding a mere blouse in a light or bright color. Well, that I currently like, at least. I just cannot help it! It is such a perfect template, a forgiving color, day time, night time, and everything in between.

Therefore, I have made a new resolution.... I vow to allow color into my wardrobe, or at least try. (Hence, my previous post.) This may be a resolution that many may "psshh" or cackle at, but in the truest sense of myself, I simply just don't care.

(see evidence below)




4 comments:

  1. I'm like you! 90% of my wardrobe is black too! I don't have to guess what to wear in the morning that way! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wearing black too. I always feel so much more confident in it. But I also like to use accessories add little bursts of color here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. black is always chic. Loving your blog. totally following. if you get a second, I'd love if you checked out mine. it's all about the adventures of a small town girl turned LA local. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your yellow necklace in the 3rd picture!

    ReplyDelete