9.26.2012

fashion blab: oxblood

What exactly is oxblood? The Encyclopedia Brittanica defines it as: "A glossy, rich, bloodred glaze often slashed with streaks of purple or turquoise used to decorate pottery, particularly porcelain. The effect is produced by a method of firing that incorporates copper."

There were plenty of other definitions I could have used, but this one sounds the most thrilling. However, my topic of discussion is not focused on the use of oxblood on pottery. Let's just say, that is not my expertise. I am instead honing in on the wonderful abundance of oxblood and deep, deep burgundy flowing throughout fall collections. I am always such a sucker for a mix of black with deeply saturated colors such as jewel tones. Oxblood is no exception. Here are some of my favorite looks and items. 

ASOS Pencil Skirt with Leather Look Trim found here
Banana Republic Felt Panama Hat found here
Alexander McQueen Skull Scarf found here

Rag & Bone Fall 2012 RTW (image via style.com)
Alexander McQueen Studded Oxblood Suede Skull Box Clutch found here
Proenza Schouler Lace Up Ankle Boot found here

Chanel Nail Colour in Vamp found here

1 comment:

  1. Love this color this season!!! I feel like you can wear it on bottom to the office...a little more conservative than red but more fun than black.

    ReplyDelete