2.21.2012

me blab: where did the weekend go?

Hello, all. I hope this past weekend was extra long and extra lovely for you. Mine was filled with family, wine, oreo fudge brownies, and more. Friday night began with an attempt to eat healthy, and then inevitably resulted in my sister-in-law in and I splitting a bottle of wine and testing out a new oreo-fudge brownie recipe found on Pinterest, which was amazing. 
{ recipe from Kevin & Amanda }

Fortunately, my niece wakes up at about 5 am everyday, so we made up for it with a loooong walk.

We had a fun little meeting Saturday morning, played personal shopper for my brother and then led to a couple bottles of wine I won from One Hope Winery and pad thai. 

One thing I love most about where we live, is that we are in walking/biking distance from all our favorite eateries and cocktail spots. 
{ bike ride to The Porch for cocktails }

My boyfriend and I have been dying to try Portola Coffe Lab at the OC Mart Mix, and it did not disappoint. I love how unique the setting and coffee choices are. We will definitely be heading back there, especially since a Nice Cream will be opening soon. What  a tough decision that will be!

All in all, it was a great weekend, and I am just a tiny bit sad it is over. Until the next ... 

1 comment:

  1. I think Portola Coffee Lab is a must next time I come down!

    ReplyDelete