2.18.2012

fashion blab: fall 2012 - I want you Helmut Lang... all of you!

One of my favorite designers showed their true colors this past NYFW. Nicole and Michael Colovos of Helmut Lang seem to know how to create one hell of a dark, enticing outfit. Their Fall 2012 RTW line consisted of touches of fur, lots of layers, subtle and not-so-subtle seductiveness, leather, and of course, LOTS of black.  

I love how they always manage to create pieces that layer so well. Winter-wear can often be bulky, so I love how Helmut Lang creates interesting and flattering outerwear and sweaters that still lend to a more feminine silhouette. 

FUR: As aforementioned in my previous post, I am a bit enamored with the unique fur additions to most designer's Fall collections, with Helmut Lang being no exception. I especially love the use of the red fur caplet over a fitted, graphic dress. 

Speaking of graphics... I really enjoyed their use of natural elements to create a unique element to, seemingly, simple pieces. 

And the suits.. oh my. My favorite being the not-so-suit, suit featuring some seriously skin-hugging leather leggings and a simple white blazer. 

All images from Style.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment